Wednesday 10 October 2012

Birthday Card for an Old Lady

Not really old in fact they say 50 is the new 30 and therefore Dorrie is unofficially 30 today.
As it's her birthday so she is having a having a day off. She is still at work but is playing. She used up Tally's extra paint a while ago and covered a couple of canvases to create backgrounds, she is now creating works of art in her brand new art apron that says Warning Artiste At Work, she is worried that she will get paint on it. I have told her that paint is good, how things change as a young girl she thought dirty garments much more interesting than clean ones. I keep trying to get a photo but every time she sees the camera she turns around, if I succeed I will post a picture later. In the meantime here is the card that I made her. She has been reminding me for the last week that I need to make a card. I kept telling her I could pick one up a card in Tesco's (apparently this is sacrilege)

I used a pearlescent card and stencilled a flourish using a Dreamweaver Stencil and Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers Distress Ink, where they merge they create a 3rd colour tone. I used the same inks to blend around the edges. The butterflies are stencilled  using Dreamweaver embossing paste and sprinkled with perfect pearls. Instead of letting it dry naturally I used a heat gun which fuses the perfect pearls to the paste but also creates a bubbly effect in the paste. Then cut them out and positioned them on the card.




 I made her pose and now she says I can't upload the pics but hey possession of the memory card is nine tenths of the law.


Well, I have to clean the bar as we have some bubbly to drink this evening so until next time
Happy crafting
Georgina


No comments:

Post a Comment