Tuesday 6 March 2012

Birthday Card in Distress

Tim Holtz Distress Ink(by Ranger) is so versatile and comes in so many great colours it is hard to have a favourite, but I find myself reaching for the same colours for a time before moving on to a different selection. Currently I seem to be reaching for the Autumn seasonal palate (seedless preserves, gathered twigs and ripe persimmon). And this birthday card is no exception.

The flowers are made with an old lottery ticket (not a winner). After colouring the ticket with seedless preserves and ripe persimmon I cut out petals using the top of a small heart punch an idea I picked up from Jane Gill from Woodware, she has such fantastic ideas for flowers made using various punches. The flower pot is a punch I have in my stash I think it is by Carl but not sure. I highlighted it with gathered twigs. The heart ribbon was white and coloured with gathered twigs distress, the frog is also stamped in the same colour.



The background is fern leaves stamped in all three colours. I glued the flowers to a piece of green card for contrast and the flower pot is slightly raised with foam pads. Of course I will put in a lottery ticket as a little bit of fun for the recieptient.

Georgina

No comments:

Post a Comment