Thursday 29 March 2012

Dragonfly Dreams

Just a quick post today.

At Christmas I brought a few dragonfly tree ornaments that I found when I was buying flowers for the bar.
I didn't buy them for the tree, but because I knew I could use them in my art. I am not normally a glitter magpie but loved them so they will appear in my work in different guises over the next few months.

I started with a collage of paper to cover the canvas and then added paint and ink to create a background.
Added some cute dragonfly ribbon a quote from a Kaiser Craft Rub on sheet called dreams, although you can't see the rub on as it wasn't a great success I have a love hate relationship with them, love them when I get it right, hate them when I end up with blotches of rub on left on the sheet. So I typed the words and stuck them over the original.
The Rose is a Crafter's workshop stencil,stencilled with Golden bead gel medium and coloured with oil pastels.

I think I need to take a photography course.

Anyway I must be away to work.
Have a crafty day
Georgina

1 comment: