At one point I didn't think I would get my project done, it has fought me every step of the way, but I finally finished it this afternoon. The light has been very poor all day due to our fine spring weather. It has been snowing now for over 12 hours, so my snaps are not the best.
I used cotton for the base and drew the outline of a union jack. I then created the basic design by ironing on red and blue ribbon onto the base fabric using thermo-bond. The bond turned out not to be that great and I had to over sew the ribbon on to the fabric. I can't tell you how many times I had to thread the sewing machine as the thread kept breaking(the thermo bond proved to be quite sticky to sew through). I do know that the sewing machine was at risk of permanent injury.
After cutting many,many, many flowers the were sewn together with a buttons.
Over 80 flowers have been attached to the pillow. When up close I will admit it doesn't much look like a union jack but from a distant you can see what it is suppose to be. I covered up too much of the base fabric where it should be white lines. Overall I am quite pleased with the outcome, which is a blessing when I think of the hours it has taken me to finish.
Tonight I am going to celebrate with a cup of cocoa and a chapter of the book I'm reading tucked up under my blanket, no sense going out in a blizzard if you don't have to.
Until next time keep crafting