Tuesday 12 March 2013

Tim Holtz 12 Tags 2013 (March)

Mad as a March Hare.

I really enjoyed making this months tag, Last week spring was in the air and now we have had 3 days of snow flurries with more predicted, but as I say to everyone who remembers the un-seasonally  warm March last year, if it's cold now when it suppose to be we might get a good summer we can hope anyway. 

Anyway my mad March Hare remembered the warm weather last year and came out to play early this year.I'm sure he regrets it now. His mustaches all escaped it is surprising how strong a flock of mustaches can be, they broke straight out of their cage  After a lot of nagging I agreed  to provide a net to recapture them. Do you know how hard it is to a sew a miniature net  especially when the fabric is as slippery as a well oiled Haddock.  I think he is having fun recapturing them but I positively refuse to make a tin/aluminum foil padded jail cell.


For all of you out there saying it's a rabbit, please don't split hares. 
The bird wants you to know she is the only sane one here, she also says that she is not sure it is advisable to direct a heat gun at a birds tail feathers as it is blooming hot, it is however better than the latest fad diet, she has shrunk to a fraction of her original size.

Anyway down to the nitty gritty 
Tag painted with Bundled sage distress paint. Over stamped at the bottom with the grasses stamp from Tim's Spring Sprung Set (see he hasn't specified rabbit or hare. If you would like to clarify Tim you are more than welcome) using Bundled Sage distress ink.
Stenciled at the top with a Crafter's workshop tree stencil using crushed olive and frayed burlap distress ink.
The Hare was stamped onto white card and his jacket coloured with Rock candy distress crackle paint mixed with a few drops of shaded lilac distress re-inker. It dried darker than I expected maybe a little less ink next time. I then swiped over some spun sugar distress paint into the cracks and painted his inner ear and cravat with it too. The net is made from a curtain ring, a small piece of net, some sewing thread and a cocktail stick (3 needles were sadly lost in the production of the mustache net (I have honored their loss with some quiet contemplation and a nice cup of tea).,
I cut a cage and bird from shrink plastic using a Sissix(Tim's) Bird cage die. I also stamped some mustaches using Jet Black Stazon onto shrink plastic and cut them out. Having heated the birds tail feathers I shrunk the cage aiming for a distressed look as if attacked by a flock of mustaches (I think I achieved it). I prettied it up with a few stick on gems. The mustaches had no complaints when they were shrunk. I coloured the bird with a brown promaker, she wanted to be gaudy so I had to put my foot down with a firm hand. Whilst I had the promaker box out I cut out some little egg shaped in white card and coloured and decorated them. Where better for a mustache to hid than among a clutch of Easter eggs.
Next I cut a banner out of white card using a cricut machine and the heritage cartridge. I stamped mad march hare on using Hampton Art studio g alphabet stamps.
Last but not least I assembled the tag using double sided tape, foam pads and Glossy accents as adhesive.

Now I have finished the telling of Mr Hares tail I have to go and lay down in a dark room as to paraphrase Ms Dyan Reaveley's words I have exceed the limits of my medication. I wonder if the Doc's giving out prescriptions for a nice cup of tea.

Until next time happy crafting

Georgie




1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoyed the cup of tea! I am so still giggling.

    ReplyDelete